Here is a list of a few foods and their healing properties:
- Celery had diuretic properties. Increases urine production, aids kidney function and reduces edema
- Artichoke is a hepatic tonic. Increases bile flow and detoxifies the liver.
- Avocado has hypolipidemic properties. It is antianemic, protects the digestive lining and acts as a tonic in addition to lowering blood cholestrol and triglyceride levels.
- Pineapple aids in digestion and has proteolytic enzymes to breakdown scar tissue.
- Broccoli has anticarcinogenic properties. Its phytochemicals retard or stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Oranges have antioxidant properties. They contain four potent antioxidants: Vitamin C, Beta-Carotene, Flavonoids and Folic acid. They help prevent arteriosclerosis and thrombosis.
- Plums are helpful to stimulate intestinal function.
- Coconut restores minerals and is rich in magnesium, calcium and phosphorous.
Eating quality whole-foods is critical for optimal health.
Info provided by: Foods that Heal, by George Pamplona-Roger, M.D.
In good health,