Strength training has been proven to show numerous health benefits they include:
- Boosts bone mineral density
- Reduces the risk factors for heart disease
- Lowers the risk of diabetes
- Improves cognitive function
- Helps prevent lower back pain
- Enhances joint flexibility and range of motion
- Prevents frailty and sarcopenia (loss of muscle mass)
When beginning an exercise routine it is important to find a trainer who will instruct you on proper form and the ideal weight for your fitness level.
Creatine is a naturally occurring organic acid, athletes use it to improve performance and build muscle strength. However, new research shows that it has important anti-aging effects on the body. As we age the mitochondria which converts food into energy, becomes less efficient or dysfunctional. This causes lipofuscins an aging pigment to build up on the internal organs. This then leads to oxidative stress, decreased energy, and cell death. They are now finding that creatine has slowed the progression of lipofuscins (recognized marker of aging) in the brains of aging mice.
Organic apple cider vinegar has been known for it's numerous health benefits they include:
- antiseptic properties ( prevents growth of harmful bacteria & viruses in the digestive tract)
- increases the body's production of hydrochloric acid for digestion
- reduces blood sugar levels
- soothes muscle aches and bruises when applied topically (add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to bathwater and soak)
- soothes a sore throat (mix 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar & 1 tsp of salt in glass of warm water and gargle frequently)
Did you know that:
- The skin is the largest organ in the body & contributes 12-15 percent of total body weight.
- The average human being has 21 square feet of skin and about 300 million skin cells.
- The skin is constantly renewing itself from the bottom up and takes 52 to 77 days to shed cells.
- By the age of 70, the average person will have lost 105 pounds of skin.
- The skin sheds 50,000 cells every minute.
- Skin emits up to 3 gallons of sweat per day.
- Each half-inch square of skin has approximately 10 hairs, 15 sebaceous glands, 100 sweat glands, and 3.
Turmeric is an Indian spice known for it's yellow color, has now been proven by researchers to be a powerful medicine. Curcumin is a chemical compound found in the herb turmeric. It has be proven to exhibit numerous health benefits which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. Curcumin is also able to cross the blood-brain barrier which makes it an excellent herb for helping with neurological illnesses like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease. Curcumin has also been shown to help with the following conditions:
5 Ingredients for Firmer, Younger skin:
- Hexapeptide-10 reconstructs the connectivity of the dermo-epidermal junction, benefits include firmness and better elasticity.
- Acetyl-dipeptide-13 diphenylglycine improves skin's tightness by inhibiting the breakdown of elastin and stimulating the synthesis of collagen type I synthesis.
- Goji berries have powerful antioxidant properties that protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Indian gooseberry protects against UV damage.
- Hyaluronic acid increases skin hydration and firmer skin tone.
Cataracts are common as we age but they don't have to be inevitable. A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of the eye. The lens is made up of water and proteins. However free-radical damage causes the proteins to change they begin to clump together and turn cloudy and opaque. This leads to blurry vision, fading colors, glares around lights, double vision, and poor night vision. To help prevent cataracts start implementing these three habits, shield your eyes, avoid certain drugs like corticosteroids, aspirin, and statins, and stop smoking.
Whey protein is considered a superfood containing all 18 amino acids, immunoglobulins, lactoferrin and increases glutathione levels in the body. The following are a list of anti-aging benefits of whey protein:
- mitochondrial support
- bone growth
- muscle support
- anticancer defense
- increase antioxidant levels
- anti-inflammatory protection
- lowers blood pressure
- reduces cholesterol
- balances mood
- supports cognitive function
- reduces sarcopenia
When purchasing a whey protein supplement make sure you do the research, you want one that has not been denatured.
The following are a list of powerful nutrients that prevent heart disease:
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in wild fish
- Vitamin D3
- Magnesium found in dark green vegetables
- Arginine found in nuts, tuna, and egg yolks
- Vitamin-B-complex reduces progression of atherosclerosis
- Pomegranate juice has been found to reverse blockage within the carotid arteries
- Garlic reduces the risk of heart attack, plaque formation, and stroke by providing antioxidants that suppress LDL oxidation.
Info provided by: 7 Ways to Prevent and Even Reverse Heart Disease with Nutrition
Avocados are a nutritous fruit containing 20 essential nutrients. They include fiber, potassium, vitamin E, B-vitamins, and carotenoids. The fruit's fats are mostly monounsaturated which help to absorb fat-soluble nutrients like alpha and beta-carotene and lutein. These carotenoid are powerful antioxidants which help fight free radical damage. Research shows avocados to help with the following conditions: inflammation, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Additional research says they may protect against liver damage, destroy oral cancer cells, and improve lipid panels by decreasing LDL cholestrol and triglycerides, and increasing HDL cholestrol.